THINGS TO DO
The waterways surrounding Forster-Tuncurry are an angler’s paradise. They are famous for seafood, and especially the Wallis Lake oysters. Whether it is a quiet spot on the Wallamba River, boating to a secret spot at the back of an island in Wallis Lake, or the adventure of a deep sea fishing trip, there is an experience on the water for everyone. If you haven’t got a boat, why not hire a boat in Forster-Tuncurry because Wallis Lake is too special to miss.
Forster-Tuncurry is renowned for its events. There’s monthly markets in the area every weekend in different locations, film festivals, concerts, adventure racing, triathlon, mountain biking, art exhibitions – the list of events is endless. To help you plan your visit, check out what’s on in my community.
Why not get back to nature…
Our local area has plenty of activities to offer, for example:
- 15 National Parks and 63 State Forests, Nature Reserves and Sanctuaries within a short drive when you stay with us
- 16 beautiful surfing, fishing, and swimming beaches, as well as rivers and the beautiful Myall and Smiths Lakes on our doorstep!
- Plenty of safe patrolled beaches (including our local Black Head beach), rockpools and exciting swimming locations
- Whale watching (April to July, and August to early November) at Black Head, and then walk to the cave for a great photo
- Hang-out or have a picnic on the iconic Mile Island beach
- Climb up to Barrington and Gloucester tops with their beautiful waterfalls
- Play Golf, Sky-dive, go mountain biking at Kiwarrak Mountain Bike Park (one of the best MTB 70km trails in New South Wales), all within very easy reach
- Book your own offshore or estuary fishing trip
- Don’t want to leave the Park? Then explore our 100-acre backyard which includes natural watercourses, wetlands, and picnic sites. There’s plenty of BMX riding to be done from your own site! Then use the newly renovated camp kitchen to cook up a storm and enjoy a relaxing swim.